Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend in Seville with un poquito of sun



So it was a pretty boring week in Seville for me. I’ve been trying to get over being sick, and it’s been raining a lot (still) so I’ve pretty much just gone to class then stayed inside reading and watching Lord of the Rings. However, Saturday was a pretty fun day. First, Kristen and I went walking around and went to the Anthropology museum. Although it was raining as we were walking, it was still fun. Then, Saturday night, we had a great girl’s night out. We went to a bar and shared a bottle of rose wine, then went to a pasteleria and got some chocolate pastries which were DELICIOUS. Then we went to the Arab bathes of Seville.
The Arab bathes are basically an Arabic spa. We made appointments for midnight, because that was the only time they had left. We got there a little early and shared a pot of Sevilla Te, which was basically an orange flavored black tea. Then we changed into our bathing suits, put on the provided non-slip slipper things, then went for our hour and a half in the warm underground bathes of the bathhouse. It felt so relaxing just to be in warm water, then going into the hotter bath, with short stays in the cool bath just to cool down a bit in between. There were about 30 people in our group, but the place was big enough that there was plenty of room. In the middle of our soaking, we got a 15 minute massage. Although it wasn’t nearly hard or long enough, it still felt great. I got to have a good-looking Spanish guy rub oil on my bare back in the dark aromatherapy-filled room, then back to the bathes for the rest of our time. It was so relaxing and such a great girl’s night. That’s that I call a Saturday night in Spain. So worth the money and the cab ride home.
Today, after mass, THERE WAS SUN!!!!! We got a cup of coffee (I tired coffee with cinnamon, which was pretty good), and we got to sit outside the café at a table in the sun. It was so great being able to sit outside in just a t-shirt. And right now, it’s still sunny! I can definitely get used to this weather. Please pray that it stays like this and NO MORE RAIN!!! And, I think I’m finally getting better. I’m coughing less, although there is still a little bit of gunk in my lungs, but I think it’s almost gone. And my back is starting to feel better too, although that may just be from the prescription pain killers PLUS ibuprofen.  Either way, it’s been a great weekend in Spain. :D

2 comments:

  1. Katy, Glad you are feeling better finally - loved every bit of your Arab bathes story. Enjoy the sun! Thanks for the post card, Love you, Aunt Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Katy! I am so happy for you that finally you are at an end to this sickeness! Your weekend sounds heavenly. So great and healing to be outside in the warm sun of Spain. We still have about a foot of snow on the ground here in MN, but we also have your sunny days. Lots of love to you on this wonderful adventure. Aunt Virginia

    ReplyDelete