Monday, January 11, 2010

Living in Sevilla

Hi everyone!

So I don't have internet in the house that I live in. :( My house mom, Amalia, is about 62 years old and lives alone in an apartment. She is a GREAT cook. :) My room is pretty nice, I share it with a really nice girl named Emily. We get Disney channel in Spanish. That's funny. Yesterday, I got to watch The Big Bang Theory in Spanish!!! The apartment is a 45-50 minute walk from the campus, which is a long way to walk. I have to walk here about 4 times a day, because I have class in the morning, then home for lunch and siesta, then back for a night class. So it's going to be a lot of walking. There's a bus that goes right from my house to the school, except this morning there was a lot of traffic so I'm not sure it would have made it here on time.

I bought a new Spanish cell phone with better rates to call my friends and to call home. If you need to get ahold of me, my number is +34 633 476 625. I don't know how much it will be for you, but it's 8 cents euros for me.

Seville is beautiful! The building are all really old and the streets in the older part of town are really small. The "mall" here is outside, like a strip mall, but it's basically a mall. They have a McDonald's, a Burger King, a Domino's, and a Starbucks. I think that's a little funny.

Well I'm off to class. I'll write more later!!!

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment