Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Work and Food

So I just got back from my first day at work at the bookstore across the street. I´m not entirely sure if it´s going to be the greatest experience, just because I dont think there´s that much I will be able to do there. I would love to just read through all the books, but that´s not what I´m there for. I will just keep learning as I go. the two people that work there were nice at least. The lady bought me a coke, which tastes a little different than in the states. Unfortunately, the diet coke here is REALLY different, and I don´t like it. So today I tried a regular coke. I guess it´s a good thing so that I won´t drink as many cokes while I´m here.

On Friday we´re going on a day trip to Cordoba. Then on Saturday morning we´re going to a few places around Seville. Next weekend, I made plans with a few girls to go on our first trip by ourselves to Barcelona. We fly out of Seville Friday evening, spend two nights in a hostel, and return Sunday evening. I hope to see the Cathedral and a few other buildings, but we have no specific plans to see stuff. I´m excited though.

Last night we had our first "intercambio" which is a spanish tutor. It´s manditory for everyone, and it´s not like a regular tutor. Last night me and my roommate went with a girl who´s actually from Peru studying here in Seville, and we walked around the downtown area and stopped for a Pepsi. It was a lot of fun, and easy to understand her. I think I´m going to enjoy this weekly meeting with a tutor.

Yesterday for lunch we had pista, which is a mix of vegetables in red sauce. It had green and red peppers, onions, squash, and eggplant. Yes, I ate eggplant and liked it. :) And it had fried potatoes with it, so it was a great meal. I eat a lot of bread here. There´s at least one loaf of good white bread at every meal, and I eat a lot of it. And I went to the grocery store and bought a bar of dark chocolate for .79 €. It´s delicious. I am going to be eating so much good food while I´m here. Good thing I walk to much and get to start my Sevillanas dance class next week.

So I guess that´s it for now. I will check email again before we leave for Cordoba, but I don´t know when I will really have another chance to be on until next week. So I´ll keep you updated!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this sounds really exciting and fun, Katy. It's great how you are taking advantage of all these opportunities. Be safe and have fun in Cordoba and Barcelona. Can't wait to read your next post! Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete